Friday, September 28, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

Claudia_Rosa_breast cancer_2

Hi, have you had a chance to check Just Magnolia Challenge today?
The team has made some samples for this weeks challenge to use “Dies/Die cuts and pearls”
I took a break from Just Magnolia after my trip to Germany to be able to just focus on the DT cards I had to make for the shops I design for, I am super excited to be able to join the girls again. I want to use the challenges to get some gifts done for Christmas. Well… obviously this is not a Christmas gift but since October is just around the corner and it is breast cancer awareness… I thought it would be a good reason to find some of my older stamps and use them.

Claudia_Rosa_breast cancer_1

This Tilda was released in 2008 along with a few really nice sentiments in a Collection just dedicated for Breast Cancer – a portion of a purchase made from those stamps is being donated to Breast Cancer Awareness. I could not believe it when I saw on my box (I labeled back than everything) that it was 2008 Smile it seamed like yesterday and boy.. look at Tilda’s face.. she sure has changed a lot in the last years. I remember back than this Tilda was the first one that came out with super curly hair that would work very nicely for short curly black hair coloring.

Claudia_Rosa_breast cancer_3

As for my supplies I used:
The pink glitter door hanger I found around Valentines day for 1.99 at Michaels Smile it came with the tiny pink ribbon bow and the brown scroll letter “N” on it. Since I placed Tilda between the lines, it almost looks like she is sitting between 2 pillars. I removed the panel and the ribbon bow with my exacto knife, sponged, distressed and layered the scroll paper. The hinge came also from Michaels and it was shiny gold, I colored that with 2 very dark Copic Sketch markers to match my vintage key, which I have found in the $1 bin at Michaels. The felt bird is a die cut also picked up at the $1 bin around Spring time.
Other Supplies: Stampin up wide pink ribbon, assorted pearl stickers, Stickles, pink button, brown bakers twine, Copic Sketch, Prisma color pencils, Kraft cardstock, Copic Express Cardstock, gauze, Super Tacky Glue,
Stamps: cross-legged Tilda ,
Sentiment: Cure, Strength & Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment